In this post, I’m going to explain about the new TOGAF Business Architecture L1 credential announced by The Open Group in April 2019. Firstly, this is a specialization-based credential for the professionals, who require an understanding of Business Architecture based on the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2. Secondly, there are no prerequisites to earn this credential.
The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF®) Standard, a standard of The Open Group, is the open Enterprise Architecture standard used by the world's leading organisations and maintained by members of the Open Group.
In April 2019, the new TOGAF Business Architecture Level 1 credential was introduced by the Open Group. This is a specialization credential.
It demonstrates knowledge and understanding of Business Modelling, Business Capabilities, Business Scenarios, Information Mapping, and Value Streams and how to apply them in development of a Business Architecture based on the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2. This credential leads to an Open Badge.
The purpose of the TOGAF Business Architecture Level 1 credential is to provide validation that individuals have knowledge and understanding of Business Modelling, Business Capabilities, TOGAF Business Scenarios, Information Mapping, and Value Streams and how to apply them in development of a Business Architecture based on the TOGAF® Standard, Version 9.2.
Who can earn TOGAF Business Architecture L1 credential?
· Individuals who require an understanding of Business Architecture based on the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2.
· Professionals who are working in roles associated with developing a Business Architecture such as those responsible for business planning
· Architects who want to add a specialization to their existing TOGAF Certification.
· Trainers wishing to deliver TOGAF Business Architecture Level 1 Accredited Training Courses
Candidates are required to have passed the TOGAF Business Architecture L1 assessment. The assessment consists of 30 questions in a simple multiple-choice format with a 60% pass mark (18/30)
What does the TOGAF Business Architecture L1 credential cover?
To earn this credential Candidates must complete all Learning Units defined below and successfully pass the TOGAF Business Architecture L1 Assessment.
The topic of Business Modelling and how it relates to Enterprise Architecture within a TOGAF context
· The concept of Business Capabilities and how they can be modelled.
· Value Streams and value stream mapping
· Information Mapping
· How to apply the TOGAF Business Scenario method
· How a Business Architecture can be developed with the TOGAF Architecture Development Method (ADM)
What is required to earn the TOGAF Business Architecture L1 credential?
The path to achieve this credential is to complete the Learning Units defined in the Conformance Requirements document and to obtain a pass result for the Indicator of Compliance.
The assessment consists of 30 questions in a simple multiple-choice format with a 60% pass mark (18/30)
Delivery: The assessment is delivered over the Pearson VUE test centres or using online proctored delivery.
Assessment is proctored and is not Open Book. You are encouraged to follow the Test Centre guidelines for the assessment.
The duration of this credential is indefinite – this credential is to a given version of the Body of Knowledge and does not expire, so there are no renewal requirements.
1. At your home or in your office using Online Proctored delivery.
2. Pearson VUE test centres.
3. Authorized accredited training organizations are able to provide access to this examination on-site.
What is the Study Track?
Candidates may choose how they wish to learn about the TOGAF Business Architecture Level 1 syllabus. Courses will be available from The Open Group accredited training organizations and other training organizations.
Individuals who have earned this credential are recommended to consider additional credentials related to contents of the TOGAF Library in The Open Group Credentials Program.
Just a few months ago we added another incredibly powerful feature, communites where you can discuss and learn about the EA practice.